Monday, August 14, 2017




Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year!

I hope that you had an enjoyable summer and are excited for the upcoming school year!  My role in the district has changed a little bit with the district moving back to a more traditional administrative structure.  I enjoyed my four years as a K-12 principal and I will really miss working with the elementary staff.  I will especially miss working with the students!       

I’m very proud of our great high school here in Minneota!  We have teachers who are passionate about their jobs and offer modern instruction accompanied with high expectations.  We have students who are well-behaved and aren’t afraid of working hard in the classroom. We have a school board who holds us all to high expectations and strives to provide a first-class school for the town of Minneota.  I believe a high school is only as good as its teachers.  We have GREAT teachers!  They teach the MN State Standards with intensity and make meaningful connections with our students.

The newest data is in and I’m excited to let you know:

We are #1 out of 28 area schools in our High School Reading MCA scores.
We are #2 out of 28 area schools in our High School Science MCA scores.
We are #4 out of 28 area schools in our High School Math MCA scores.  

Ever since I got here four years ago, I frequently heard: “Minneota is where you go if you want to excel in sports.”  Each year that goes by, I’m hearing less and less of that and more and more talk about, “what a great school” we are.  The goal is to be the best in everything we offer/do here at Minneota High School.  The students deserve a school that is well-rounded and strong in all areas, not just athletics.  

We’ve had remarkable stability the last few years here at Minneota Public Schools in terms of teacher turnover.  We have only two new teachers out of 46 for the second consecutive year!  Having this stability is beneficial for a school district for many different reasons!  We welcome Matt Buysse (Shop/FFA) and Emily Citterman (Jr. High Math) to our team.  They are both excited to get started and will no doubt do an excellent job for our students!  You can learn more about them on our school Facebook.  

In the coming days, I will be updating this blog frequently with important information/changes for the 2017-2018 school year!  Each time I update this blog, I will send an e-mail to let you know it has been updated.  

I hope you are as excited as I am for the school year to start!  

Have a great day,

Jeremy W. Frie
High School Principal
Minneota Public Schools